Terms & Conditions
Welcome to LTDO!
In order to use the services of Let The Dog Out (“LTDO”), you must agree to all the terms and conditions that are set out below. By using our services, you hereby acknowledge and agree to be bound by these Terms. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms.
THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS STATED BELOW (THE "TERMS") CONSTITUTE A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU ("YOU", "YOUR", OR "USER") AND LET THE DOG OUT ("WE", "US", "OUR", OR "LTDO"). IN ORDER TO USE OUR SERVICE, YOU MUST AGREE TO ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT ARE SET OUT BELOW. FURTHER, BY USING OUR SERVICES, YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS.
LTDO RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO (A) MODIFY OR UPDATE THE SERVICE AND/OR (B) THESE TERMS OR ITS POLICIES RELATING TO THE SERVICE, AT ANY TIME, EFFECTIVE UPON POSTING OF AN UPDATED VERSION OF THESE TERMS ON THE SERVICE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR REGULARLY REVIEWING THESE TERMS. CONTINUED USE OF THE SERVICES AFTER ANY SUCH CHANGES SHALL CONSTITUTE YOUR CONSENT TO ALL SUCH CHANGES.
In providing the services booked by you, LTDO takes great pride in caring for your animal with the utmost respect and will make every effort to ensure your pet is well looked after in your absence.
LTDO has the right to cancel appointments. Reasons may include but are not limited to: unsafe weather conditions and fully booked schedule times. LTDO uses a first come first served policy. Any cancelled appointments will receive full refund and the client will be notified.
LTDO will not hold onto keys. LTDO lock boxes are available at the time of the ‘meet and greet’. Clients with a security key pad entry system or those who wish to provide their own lock box are not required to purchase a LTDO lock box.
In some cases, parking, elevators, or bathroom locations make it impossible for LTDO staff to let your dog out in 10 minutes. For these clients, the 10 minute LTDO Bathroom Break is not available. We suggest a 30 minute walk as an alternative service.
Your Representations and Warranties
By using the services, you agree that:
- Your pets are free from fleas, ticks and other pests.
- You may not authorize others to use your user status, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your user account to any other person or entity.
- You will keep secure and confidential your account password or any identification we provide you which allows access to the services.
- You agree to provide and maintain true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself and your pets.
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- All charges are due immediately and payments will be done online by credit card only.
- You will provide necessary items for pets to be cared for in the client's absence. This includes, food, medication, tags, collars and towels. If dogs require a towelling off after walks, towels must be provided and left in a designated location.
- You will provide the name and contact information of at least one reliable source who can make decisions relating to your pet(s) in an emergency. If the contact is not available, LTDO reserves the right to consult with a veterinarian in order to make a decision which is in the best interest of the animal. The client will be responsible for payment of such services.
- You will notify us of any behavioural issues with pets at the time of the booking. Failure to do so may result in additional charges or cancellation of services. LTDO has the right to turn away any dog that we deem to be unsafe for LTDO staff.
- You will not share contact information (emails and phone numbers) of LTDO staff and contractors.
- You will not make bookings through use of any contact information obtained through daily updates from LTDO employees or contractors but book only through the website at letthedogout.ca.
- You will keep the entry to your home clear and safe for staff entry.
- You will comply with all the laws of Canada and Ontario including municipal laws.
All charges are due immediately and payment will be facilitated by LTDO using the credit card information provided by you in your LTDO account, after which LTDO will send you a receipt by email. If your credit card is determined to be expired, invalid or otherwise not able to be charged, you will agree that LTDO may use the secondary credit card in your account, if available.
Cancellations made less that 24 hours prior to any LTDO service will result in a charge of 50% of the normal fee. If a walker or sitter shows up at your house and you no longer require a walk/break, the full fee will apply.
If you use a lock box, be sure it is placed in the designated location. Failure to do so, or failure to provide LTDO with the proper access codes will result in your dog not receiving the service booked by you and full charges will apply.
During severe weather (snow storms, freezing rain, lightning, extreme heat etc.) cancellation fees are waived. For the safety of both dogs and staff, LTDO staff will determine whether severe weather will limit the length of the walk or cancel it altogether. The client will be notified if this happens. If you choose not to have your dog walked or let outside because of bad weather, contact LTDO at email@example.com.
Discounted bulk buys are good for one year from purchase.
All cancellations and refunds are the final decision of LTDO.
As between you and LTDO, LTDO reserves the right to establish, remove and/or revise charges for any or all services at any time in LTDO’S sole discretion. LTDO will use reasonable efforts to inform you of charges that may apply, provided that you will be responsible for charges incurred under your LTDO account regardless of your awareness of such charges or the amounts thereof. LTDO may from time to time provide certain users with promotional offers and discounts that may result in different amounts charged for the same or similar services, and you agree that such promotional offers and discounts, unless also made available to you, shall have no bearing on the charges applied to you. You may elect to cancel your request for services at any time prior to LTDO’s arrival, in which case you may be charged a cancellation fee.
By entering into these Terms and Conditions and using the services of LTDO, you agree to indemnify and hold LTDO, its employees, agents, representatives harmless from and against any and all claims, costs, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including legal fees and costs) arising out of or in connection with:
- your violation or breach of any term of these Terms and Conditions or any applicable law or regulation, whether or not referenced herein;
- your violation of any rights of any third party;
- the actions of your pets; or
- your use or misuse of the services.
Limitation of Liability
LTDO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, PERSONAL INJURY, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE RELATED TO, IN CONNECTION WITH, OR OTHERWISE RESULTING FROM ANY USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF LTDO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. LTDO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, LIABILITY OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF: (i) YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE SERVICES OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES; OR (ii) ANY TRANSACTION OR RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND LTDO, ITS EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS, EVEN IF LTDO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. LTDO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DELAY OR FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE RESULTING FROM CAUSES BEYOND LTDO’S REASONABLE CONTROL.
LTDO services may be subject to limitations, delays and other problems inherent in the use of the internet and electronic communications. LTDO is not responsible for any delays, delivery failures or other damages resulting from such problems.
Term and Termination of Terms
These Terms are effective upon the use of the services. You or LTDO may terminate your participation in the services at any time, for any reason and LTDO may prohibit your use of the services at any time in its sole discretion. These Terms, and any subsequent modification of these Terms, shall remain in effect at all times after you or LTDO terminate your participation or access to the services.
These Terms shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario.